- I hate public displays of affection, I think they're unnecessary and pretty much stupid; this ranges from whisper talking to hand holding to smiling blushingly.
- People should walk faster and drive slower.
- People should shower more often.
- We're so westernized that I think we've lost our oriental feel, something which most of us seek through haveing fool 3alla 3rabiat 3am ma7rous or going to have Iftar in El Hussein.
- Children are no longer young and seniors are no longer old, everyone is evading their planned role within the society, that it has become a mix of bland characters.
- Sometimes people look at each other funny.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Notes on society
I've had the pleasure of having my Iftar in Cafe today instead of at home. I usually like to have Iftar at home, but today after being cooped up in my room working for so many hours that I started to hallucinate, and after making an unnecessary stop after driving in the crowded pre-iftar streets of Cairo, I decided that I should have Iftar in a cafe and work there. A change of scenary did help and I finished wirting all the notes on all the things that I needed to write about. I am far from done, but at least I can scratch off phase one. Anyhow, I decided now to write my own notes on society and here they are: