Thursday, September 18, 2008

Notes on society

I've had the pleasure of having my Iftar in Cafe today instead of at home. I usually like to have Iftar at home, but today after being cooped up in my room working for so many hours that I started to hallucinate, and after making an unnecessary stop after driving in the crowded pre-iftar streets of Cairo, I decided that I should have Iftar in a cafe and work there. A change of scenary did help and I finished wirting all the notes on all the things that I needed to write about. I am far from done, but at least I can scratch off phase one. Anyhow, I decided now to write my own notes on society and here they are:
  • I hate public displays of affection, I think they're unnecessary and pretty much stupid; this ranges from whisper talking to hand holding to smiling blushingly.
  • People should walk faster and drive slower.
  • People should shower more often.
  • We're so westernized that I think we've lost our oriental feel, something which most of us seek through haveing fool 3alla 3rabiat 3am ma7rous or going to have Iftar in El Hussein.
  • Children are no longer young and seniors are no longer old, everyone is evading their planned role within the society, that it has become a mix of bland characters.
  • Sometimes people look at each other funny.
On another very different note, yesterday, a guy forfittied his right to park to me. I don't know why, but I was amazed at this generous gesture, then I wondered if he's part of a gang that robs cars. He wasn't, God bless him wherever he is because I was very exhausted and seeing double by the time I returned home, I don't think I could have bore circling my block for parking lots due to the flocks of people coming for so7oor.

5 comments:

jessyz said...

Yes people should shower more often. Maybe the guy who left his parking space is an alien?

MeMo said...

"People should walk faster and drive slower" I think people should walk faster and drive faster .
and they DEFINITELY have to shower more ,or at least do something about the smell :D.

Cesario said...

Jessyz: well, when I come to think of it, I couldn't really see his face.hmmm, I think he might be an alien.

Memo: I don't mean really slow, but not as fast as they currently do.

lost within said...

Hahaha !
yes people shud shower more often and walk faster ! enu t7arak bsor3a ya akhi lol

Cesario said...

or in other words, zo2 3agalak.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...