It happens

During the last month, I have been through many changes and I had to adapt to things that I've never thought they'd cross my path. I am fine with that and I think it's made me a better person; I am more patient and tranquil now and I think I may be becoming a bit open-minded.
Generally, I think change is good, especially drastic change, but then on the other hand I don't want to become a completely different person. I don't want to adopt concepts and theories that I don't perceive and I don't want to think normalcy of things that I used to believe are strange. I know that a tree that doesn't bend to the wind gets broken, but what if the wind makes it lose all its leaves? Then what is the tree left with? New leaves and the old ones are completely forgotten.

My goal is to become a better version of myself not an unrecognizable one. I want to improve the things that hold me back and enhance those that help me be myself. I don't want to wake up one day and ask "Who is this person?how did I become like that?"
I guess that's why people believe that I am rigid, but the point is I will accept change as long as it doesn't affect my core and once it does, it will be completely tossed out of the window. I am what I am and what God made me and I believe that's who I am supposed to be.

Comments

Popular Posts