Why?

I don't know why I hate talking. Really, I don't like speaking, I'd rather be writing, drawing, singing(alone, when the house is empty and there would only be my cat who'll probably escape and go sleep in my parents' bedroom after giving me a look of utter disgust), playing the piano or trying to play the violin or whatever thing that will not let me speak.
Don't get me wrong, I can give a speech or do a presentation easily. I can speak of how things affect other people very easily. Then comes the talk about yourself portion, or explain why you did that or this and then you'll find that I have no words for you. NONE whatsoever.

On the other hand, I love writing, I can never write enough and I can never stop even if doesn't make sense. The whole point is to keep typing or writing. Anything that produces words.

That's why I hate "talk about yourself" question in interviews. Usually I state my age, my degree and say "that's it"

Then I will usually want to say "you know what this is the most non-creative stupid question in the world, that implies that you are too lazy to form a proper question that will actually produce results"

Comments

Gihan said…
And those who actually do a research come up with the stupid question"where do u see yourself in 5 years"
Gihan said…
ah sa7ee.. what's wrong with MySQL ? I hear its easy and str8 forward(and free)..i haven't tried it though
Deeeeeee said…
Wait, I'll tell you what I think of that post as soon as I stop talking! :)

I talk too much! I talk too much! I talk too much! I talk too much! I talk too much! I talk too much! I talk too much! I talk too much! I talk too much! I talk too much!

I hope you don't mind that I do! :))
Sina said…
gjoe: I am always tempted to say "I see myself NOT working with you, you stupid excuse for a human being"
I couldn't find anything that works with mysql and the plugin for visual basic didn't work.

dee:I don't mind. It's kind of a nice change.

Popular Posts