Memoirs of a coffee haven- The return

I have ditched work and I am now sitting in beano's share3 tes3a in maadi, reading blogs and blogging myself (obviously). I give you the anticipated (2al ya3ny) sequel to memoirs of a coffee haven.

Technically I am still working, or I can still get to it, but there is no motivation and my leg hurts from all the walking, so I decided to take a day off, I think I've earned it. My boss called and wanted to meet, but I told him I was busy. I have to admit that I felt a bit guilty, but I don't really benefit anything from these meetings and I don't want to drive all the way back to the office for nothing.

  • I have been going to Maadi for work for the past week, I am really liking this neighborhood and I have added it to the list of possible places I would love to buy a house/apartment in, bringing my total to 2 places; Zamalek and Maadi, however Zamalek takes the lead. I'm really picky when it comes to where I want to live. I have a theory; you can work in the worst places, be with the worst people and do the most annoying things in the world during the day, but at the end of it, when you return, your home should be your sanctuary. It should be the place where, when you first enter it the world seems like a distant place and worrying seems useless, it's the place where you slowly take off your jacket, breathe in as your heart rate comes down and you begin to remember why you exist. Your home should be a warm embracing place, one that reflects your own personality with all its positives and negatives. It should be the place where you are always welcomed and most importantly where you are glad to be welcomed.
  • I have discovered that sometimes, you need people to state the obvious just so that you can realize it. I know it seems dumb, but really, stating the obvious is sometimes all what you need.
  • I have a question; Do you like it when people understand you and by that I mean profoundly understand you (like calling you out on your BS)? I haven't really made up my mind on that. And another thing how can someone understand you that well anyhow? If you have been through something like that please let me know.
  • I am rebelling against my company right now, by using the competitor's product (hahaha), or testing it for auditing purposes.
  • I have beenn watching Star Wars (Every monday at 6:30, FoxMovies runs a star wars movie). I have never been a die hard fan of star wars, but now I can honestly say that I am hooked. I had a crush on Anakin (AKA Darth Vader), I am always attracted to the wrong people. However, I really like the quotes that Yoda says and the way he reverses the sentences i.e: care, you must take my young padawen. One of my favorite quotes is this one "Fear of loss is a quick path to the dark side." I think he's right, if you are always afraid of losing something dear to you, you will most probably lose yourself eventually.
  • A foreign couple is siting in the table in front of me, they're teenagers or something and they're getting on my nerves for no obvious reasons. Ok, I admit it, I am foreign-ist. I guess it something I caught on from going local, but I really prefer Egyptians with all their stupendous flaws over foreigners. I am sorry, but I am prejudiced.
  • The whole swine flu thing (oink oink) is making people really tense, my family included. As much as I don't want to get sick, as much as I really am not a fan of holding myself under house arrest. Life is difficult enough.
  • Thank God for distractions and indulgence. The down side; If you get into them too much, you might just forget what you were distracting yourself from. Deviate, is what you will be doing.
  • I had to link Juka's last post . Honestly, I am really jealous, Rabena yewafa2o.
  • What's with guys and long hair? I mean really long curly unruly hair. What do you suppose it means? The first impression I get is that guy must have not taken a shower for 10 days or so. I know it's mean, but really, unless you have Brad Pitt hair in Legends of the Fall, CUT IT, because it just looks like a giant fly trap without the added bonus of electricity.
  • I went to the new John Travolta/ Denzel Washington movie. I really liked it, but some of the people I went with didn't. I did however and that's enough. Go see it.
  • Cristian Ronaldo is playing in Manchaster United for 80 million sterlings. This guy is only 24 (born in 1985). All over the globe, younger people are earning more money than people who've been slaving their whole lives. People like Miley sirus, Dakota Fanning and her sister Ella, and a lot more. I am practicaly career dead, I should retire and start my pension plan. I feel so old.
  • I have given up hope on things changing anytime soon, so I have given in, but I am not satisfied with giving in or happy, but I am distracting myself. Yalla, mesh mohem.
  • I am feeling sleepy; I think I will leave.

Comments

Mohammad said…
I sat where you were sitting only once, alone with "To Kill a Mockingbird" keeping me company.

Next time try 2nd cup :)
Unknown said…
Wow :) I love it when you blog.

We are moving work offices to Maadi, been playing network engineer + interior decorator all week. Perhaps might attempt a work day from Beanos.

I like it when people call me on my BS. It is very rare, I have a grand total of 3 individuals who even bother :)

Not into having others state the obvious, gets on my nerves.

Don't like the new trilogy, very fond of the old trilogy in a nostalgic kinda way.

Awwww. Yeah, he's most definitely lit a fire under me!

Enough with the singers, actors and soccer players!!! :)

Things will change... you'll see.
Sina said…
Marooned: I shall try it, I would love to finish this novel. I really have to buy it.

Juka: You made my day. Thx for commenting.

Popular Posts