A big circle

When I was 6 or 7, the school bus used to drop me off at a street far away from our home, so my mother used to wait for me and my sisters to walk us home. Anyhow, one day we were walking back home when we found a really small kitten that looked really exhausted. Apparently its mother dropped it from her mouth while moving its litter and someone found it and put it on the side of the pavement so no one steps on it. I remember I was so upset about that because I was quite a shielded child and it was the first time in my life I saw something suffering for life. My mother saw how distraught I was and so she took it home and gave to our cleaning lady, who had a bunch of cats. I remember everyday for a year or so I used to ask the lady how the cat was and she'd tell me that it had really grown up and playing with the other cats (actually, it died in a week because it was so weak and it was winter). I also remember being mad at the person who put it aside and didn't take it with him/her.
Forwarding to high school, I was walking into school one day when I found a really small kitten on the pavement by the gate. I was already late and I didn't want to miss first period, so I just put it on the side of the pavement and prayed that I would find it when I finished school (I didn't).

The whole story's moral is that I finally got my answer, the person left it because they just couldn't take it with them. Stupid story, but I remembered it today while feeding my moody cat.

On another note , I discovered and read the whole thirteen novels of "a series of unfortunate events" by Lemony Snicket and I have to say they're really amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who adores fantasy novels with a touch of realism in them. The novels are quite entertaining, but at the same time you can easily relate to them. Definitely a great read.

Comments

Popular Posts